last day in california
today is my last day out here. it’s been the most intellectually stretching time of my life and i’m so grateful for the opportunity. i’m also super pumped about getting back home and seeing dawn and having life together with her again.
however, i will miss a few things about so cal…
- temps in the 70’s
- clear skies, without smog [that’s rare]
- in-n-out burger
- the new friends from my cohort and the dmin staff
- seeing my family
- in-n-out [yes i said it twice]
- our group lunches to all kids of different places
- the pier at seal beach and the ocean
- the beautiful fuller campus and pasadena
- having the chance to be at my home church
- having the chance to see friends i grew up with
- and probably a lot more
so at midnight i start the journey back. i hate flying with a passion because every single time almost there is something that drives me nuts. i almost had a panic attack on the plane on the way out and i’m praying that i don’t even come close to that on the way home. so if all goes well by 9:20 tomorrow morning [eastern time] i will be sane and safe in michigan and being greeted by my wife at the airport!