hmm… payback time
so did i just get pranked by my sister for april fools day? i’ve been getting comments all day from my sister’s scrapbooking community on my blog post about dawn becoming a mommy.
actually it’s kind of touching. thanks for the great comments so far. but since my sister was so kind to send the flood my way, i thought i might enlighten her friends a bit.
so ladies who migrate here from akotc, here are a few things you should know about my sister…
- worked for an accountant for a number of years and then married one. you would think she would be better at math because of that but obviously only really uses math now to figure out the discounts she gives on her kits.
- drives a car bigger than my house. not very pc or earth friendly, but the beast is useful to hold the girls and the in-n-out wrappers.
- spelling and grammar challenged at times. this one runs in the family i think because i have it too.
- sings amazingly well. we both sang in church choir but her “mic” was on and mine was shut off i’m that bad. she could have kept being in choirs, could have been in a band, could have done some musical work, but never ran with it. the down side to this is that she doesn’t sing any more. you should have at least started your own group like “his womenfolk”. ask her about that!
- hated getting picked on by her older brother. probably has a few scars and facial tics from it. i don’t remember it being so bad.
- has been and kinda still is a yuppy • preppy. i wish i had some of the pictures on line of her back in high school. very pretty, very put together, but amazingly preppy with her group of friends.
- [this one throws her under the bus] sucking her palm! yup, you read that right. she didn’t suck her thumb but the center of her palm while she rubbed her middle finger back and forth across her nose. it’s a hard one to picture but it was very funny looking and make an awful sucking sound. i wish i could demonstrate because you would be rolling on the ground laughing. it was horrible. especially when you have to share a room with your little sister because grandma and grandpa are in town sleeping in your bed for over a month and they are so strict that they don’t let you watch tv, eat candy or do anything fun. oops, i digress.
well, that’s all for now. i could come up with more, but i have a thank you dinner for our youth ministries tonight and need to be productive.
i love you laura, you’re an amazing sister!